Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
* Most of the New England cryptids can be boiled down to 'someone saw an owl at night and freaked out'. Mothman is another popular one.

* As far as a one-cycle run, you'd need to run the Critical Path and all four dungeons then get back to the town and get to the final area... all in a single three-day cycle. I'm not saying it is absolutely impossible, but I know I'd never be capable of it. Heck, I can barely complete any one of the dungeons in a single three-day cycle, much less all four of them. Just physically walking to them probably takes longer than you have, even with speedrun strats.

* An interesting thing you showed off here that is new to this version and not on the N64 version (and also the version that came with the 25th year anniversary edition of the game cube) is that you have much more granular control over time. In the old version, you could just warp to the next dawn/sunset, whereas you were warping to specific hours of the day in the supercut.

* That doesn't sound much like the Ballad of the Windfish to me, although it is fitting that you're using a number of instruments to perform it because that's kind of the whole thing about Link's Awakening where the song was first provided. It also features prominently in the Hyrule Castle theme in Breath of the Wild as a recurring motif. Still, it works within the context of the narrative, so I'm willing to give it a pass.

Glad to see you picking this back up!
One benefit to a One Cycle Run is that since you can just warp straight to the boss room, completing the dungeons isn't super necessary... except for the fact that you DO need to collect all the frogs.

Yeah, is that the first time I showed that off on screen? It's been awhile I don't recall.

It IS the Ballad of the Wind Fish, I'm pretty sure, but it's... kinda adjusted, since it's traslating a GB track of blips and bloops into the N64. Bu I'm pretty sure you can hear it in there.

I'm glad to be back, honestly. Hope my leave of absence wasn't too frustrating!