Thread: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

1. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    November 1st
    East Side Rooftop, John and Keith
    Grayson’s gaze stays firmly down and away from the two of them. “Th-that’s part of it, I-I guess. But it’s also be-because h-he told me that he would s-stop hurting me for week. Y-you guys don’t get how m-much it hurts. When he’s really an-angry, my insides are so c-cold that i-it burns. I-I couldn’t take it anymore,” he says quietly.

“I didn’t even notice your c-car,” Grayson admits. “I just wanted to c-come home.”
    You may not have noticed, John thought, but Valèdir did, which is another sign the dragon is more dangerous than Grayson believes him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    As John reveals his dragon’s name, Grayson freezes. He seems to stop breathing for a moment. His pupils constrict and shift into vertical slits and his nails instantly sharpen.

You dare?! a voice roars into John and Keith’s heads. The voice is slightly higher in tone than Jaal’s, but still deep.

Grayson’s right hand grabs his left wrist and his eyes squeeze shut. His nails pierce through the skin of his forearm as he fights to keep control.

Who are you to reveal my name, mage?
    I suspect, John projected to Emi calmly, that I don’t need to let you know Valèdir has joined the conversation. Things are tense but not at a point where you should try to intervene.

“So good of you to join us this evening, Valèdir,” John replied evenly as his eyes grew hard. “I was wondering if you would make an appearance. Given your promise to Grayson, I am disappointed to see that you have.

“Disappointed,” he continued, “but not surprised. It’s such a shame that Grayson and the rest of East Side cannot trust you.

“As to who I am, I am the occult protector of this city and the discoverer of your name. I decide who I share my discoveries with—not you. It’s high time Grayson knew, don’t you think? It would be most inappropriate for so many others to know and for him not to.

“You can charge that oversight to yourself, as you should not have kept it from him.

“And as to what I dare,” he continued coldly, “I can assure you that I have dared and will continue to dare far more dangerous things than this, Valèdir.

“So. What do you have to say for yourself?”
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2023-05-01 at 07:27 AM.