1. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What alignment would you associate with each class

How I'd most likely be inclined to play them at this moment.

Artificer: Chaotic good. Their annoying gismos used to ruin a BBEG's day or to play annoying pranks on their fellow adventures.

Barbarian: True neutral, tending very slightly to the non permitted lawful. I'd definitely aim at some loyalty debt towards at least one ally pc to keep the barbarian in the party, but otherwise they would follow some moral code that is the product of their remote clan's strange (to outsiders) tradition and customes. Nothing too extreme, but certainly not familiar to "outsides", hence something like true neutral.

Bard: Neutral evil (assuming I could play one seriously). Uncovering secrets, dealing in blackmail, spreading flase rumors, all that shady stuff. Plus a little mind control whenever possible. All while performing for crowds with a smile and promoting himself as a kind and caring person.

Cleric: Lawful good or lawful evil. I am either playing the enlighened person who tries to make the world a better place, or I am playing the lowly scum who was recruited by some evil faith and is now looking to climb the ranks because having power feels good.

Druid: Chaotic good. A power for good when heroes are needed. An unintentional source of trouble during peace time when being among "civilized" people with all their rules and boundaries.

Fighter: Lawful good or lawful neutral. In all honestly, I'd play them similarly to some paladins. With a strict code. With the difference that I'd try to put some points in INT for adding a flavor of "militairy genius" if possible. So, a little paladin-like with smarter decisions on occasion.

Monk: Lawful neutral or lawful evil. And sneaky in more than on way to get some fun out of it.

Paladin: Any lawful. If lawful good, then emphasis on good. If lawful neutral, then I want to be a fanatic in some existing conflict that takes place in the game world. And if lawful evil, emphasis on being honorable (especially if part of an evil party). I'd try to play out a very strong personality (emphasis on high persuasion) in the neutral and evil cases. In the lawful good case, the character would just aim to serve as an example by their actions. The aim in all three cases being at building up the reputation of the character, with the distinct difference than if lawful good, then that aim would only be an OoC one.

Ranger: Any neutral. Sword for hire. Cunning and edgy.

Rogue: Any. Only rule being, whatever you do, you do it with style!

Sorcerer: Any evil. Young, immature, hot headed, probably greedy, most likely with a superiority complex as well.

Warlock: Either crazy (chaotic) evil, or with slight hints of creepy (neutral) evil. Essentially fiend or GOO. Hey, it's not my fault that pact magic allows me to use high level spells for killing commoners at reduced cost.

Wizard: Lawful evil. Power hungry, but being smart about it. Or any neutral, and focus on showcasing th character as a genius and an artist (of their craft), most likely if going with an illusionist.
    Last edited by Corran; 2023-05-24 at 06:50 AM.
    Hacks!