View Single Post

Thread: Cleric/Paladin multiclass

1. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cleric/Paladin multiclass

Quote Originally Posted by 5eNeedsDarksun View Post
    I've been looking at some Swarmkeeper builds lately that look pretty good for forcing movement into hazards. With the upcasts, something like that with Ranger/ Cleric or Ranger/Druid looks pretty good to me. 5-6 levels of Fighter I'm less convinced about; you just lose too much casting for the trade off . Multi-attack vs. a cantrip that scales with total level is... ok, but taking levels 4, 5, and maybe 6 primarily for that seems pretty marginal.
    Overall, sure. But if you're trying to recreate a Fighter-Cleric like this 2E NPC, then you're after the Ranger's fighter-y stuff, or the Fighter's fighter-y stuff, and especially Extra Attack... Not so much casting or cantrips or Swarmkeeper abilities.

I was just putting that Ranger/Cleric build out there as an alternative "Warrior Cleric" to a Fighter/Cleric, if they were interested in being a slightly better caster at the cost of being a slightly worse fighter.

(But yes, Swarmkeeper Ranger is a good combo with something like Stars Druid or Arcana Cleric, for example... Lots of options for WIS-based attack rolls that trigger Gathered Swarm.)
    Last edited by RogueJK; 2023-05-26 at 04:18 PM.