1. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: What do you perceive is harder? Being a Player or a GM?

I'll jump in on the "times its hard to be a player".

When you're expected to be the scribe. When the other players are unable or unwilling to take notes, remember names, or recall what we're on this quest for. When you're expected to keep track of what everyone was doing, when they last failed their lycanthropy save, when they failed their last black plague check, when they last took a dump. For usually no other reason than you like taking notes. You like knowing what's going on. For no other reason than those other people can't be bothered.

And then you tell the party, "I'm taking notes in character guys." and you conveniently leave out something really important to them and instead use your knowledge to direct them to the quests and objects of power that benefit you the most. Oh then they remember you're LE and suddenly they're mad at you for taking advantage of them!

I don't begrudge the DM for not reminding them, its everyone's job to remember what's going on, it's not the DMs job to spoon-feed the group. But when you're a member of a lazy group, it can be really stressful. Maybe not "more than GM" stressful, but pretty freaking stressful.
    Last edited by False God; 2023-06-09 at 06:00 PM.
    Knowledge brings the sting of disillusionment, but the pain teaches perspective.
    "You know it's all fake right?"
    "...yeah, but it makes me feel better."