Spoiler: Turboghast
Show
Quote Originally Posted by TurboGhast View Post
Frozen Crossroads 2WU
Enchantment - R
Creatures enter the battlefield tapped with a stun counter on them.
1: Remove a stun counter from target creature. Any player may activate this ability. Activate only as a sorcery.
(I considered making the activated ability untap creatures but I didn't want the card to be a combo piece.)
This is a tax on casting creatures with the benefit that you can pay the tax later and ETB effects still trigger. I like it, but am unclear how powerful it is - my sense is that at 4 CMC its actually underpowered and really only punishes Haste?

Spoiler: Dr. Gunsforhands
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
Hangup Charm - 2(u/w)
Instant - U
Choose one -
- Counter target activated or triggered ability
- Remove target attacking or blocking creature from combat
- Return target enchantment to its owner's hand
This is an effective charm - my only qualm is that I think the middle ability makes sense as UW but not as U/W since paying it entirely with blue mana seems off

Spoiler: TiaC
Show
Quote Originally Posted by TiaC View Post
Mortuary Moratorium 3W
Enchantment
Whenever a creature you control would be dealt combat damage, prevent that damage and put that many destiny counters on that creature.
At the beginning of your upkeep, for each creature you control, remove all destiny counters from that creature, then Mortuary Moratorium deals damage to that creature equal to the number of counters removed from it.
Sacrifice Mortuary Moratorium: remove all destiny counters from creatures you control.
Assuming this is a rare? Otherwise, its very cool - delays death by one upkeep and lets you potentially get clever and save your creatures (either by sacrificing the Moratorium or with cards like Hexmage or other counter removers)

Spoiler: Ben-Zayb
Show
Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
Perdeta, Bureaucracy Enforcer 3WUB
Legendary Artifact Creature - Drone Advisor M
Each permanent an opponent controls without exactly one file counter on it can't attack, block, or activate non-mana abilities.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may remove X file counters from ~. If you do, exile target permanent with mana value X or less until end of turn.
1: Put three file counters on a permanent you control or move a file counter from it to this creature. Only opponents may activate this ability.
0/3
So . . . you cast this - your opponent needs to start filing to get her creatures moving, so pays 1 to get 3 files on one creature, but then needs to pay 2 to move the files to Perdeta. So pays 3 mana to attack with one creature. Then perdeta can eventually remove any permanent as she accumulates files. It's kinda complex, and boy is that Tax huge. I think it might be more palatable with only 2 files to start with, since then opponents can activate creatures with 2 mana instead of 3, but it's tricky to balance IMO.

Spoiler: Quiddle
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
Teferi, Who Turns Back Time 1UUBB
Legendary Planeswalker - Teferi MR
+1: Each player puts a card from their hand onto the top of their library.
-2: Return two target permanents controlled by different players to their owner's hands. You may activate another one of Teferi, Who Turns Back Time's loyalty abilities this turn.
-4: Each player shuffles all cards in their hand, exile, and graveyard into their library, then draws three cards.
Isn't Teferi's +1 a lock? unless they have a draw spell, they won't draw anything new for the entire game. I think that's brutal for a +1. Combined with Tefri's -2, I think this is not so much delay as it is a lockdown machine. Unrelated, but did he turn evil (the black in the cost)? I have not been following the plot lol.

Spoiler: Ironsmith
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
[The Inevitable][5R]
A massive humanoid's silhouette strains against a set of chains, which are on the verge of snapping.
Creature - Giant (R)
The Inevitable enters the battlefield tapped.
During its controller's Untap step, any player may pay [3]. If they do, The Inevitable does not untap this turn.
Vigilance, Trample, Menace, Double Strike
6/6
This thing is beefy - I am a little afraid that the untap prevention only occurs during the Untap phase - there are so many cards that can untap this for 1 mana that it's almost a combo card. You can ignore the tax to keep it tapped since you can just untap it with other cards and hit for 12.

Spoiler: Tom the Mine
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
Holding Cell W
Artifact U
Vanishing 2
When ~ enters the battlefield, exile target creature.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled creature to the battlefield under its owner's control.
X, sacrifice a clue: Put X time counters on ~.
"We can only hold him for 48 hours without charging him so you'd best make them count"

The last ability is more for flavour but could extend the functionality mid-to-late game if there's something you need to stay gone more than you need card draw from a clue.
Honestly love the clue sacrifice to extend the timeline, this is a really well done delay card - cheap, and I can potentially see using this on your own creatures to get a delayed flicker

Spoiler: Winner
Show
Tom the Mine