1. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Prediction Page, (bring your quatloos, gps, and internets, you'll need them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Octopuses is the plural of octopus. Because I'm speaking English.
    Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Neat! But I'm still not speaking Latin.

Real talk, though, the attempted forced Latinization of English in the 19th century was ridiculous and made the language, which was already in a pretty sorry state of affairs, even more of a cluster**** to deal with. Which i don't mind for myself, i have a fairly commanding grasp of the language, but it sucks for ESL people or for those who had to go to public school and learn all sorts of nonsense and think they can't split infinitives or end sentences with prepositions.
    A preposition is the kind of word that one must never end a sentence with.
    I remember an 8th grade teacher intoning something like
    "The ending of a sentence with a preposition is bad writing, up with which I shall not put."

I predict that the quinton will call in Xykon's marker on 'even/odd' in a non-comedic way, but the accompanying modrons will flash signs that are funny during that same panel.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2023-06-15 at 07:39 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society