1. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Common issues with DC based skill systems

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowhere View Post
    what's the alternative to dc based systems? I can't even imagine on that wouldn't have the same issues.
    Opposed rolls, and it works quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluedrew View Post
    Finally, there are not in between results. So if you want anything between complete success and complete failure requires multiple checks. It works, and sometimes works quite well, but now you are pretty much putting another resolution system around your existing resolution system and sometimes it is kind of awkward.
    Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
    So I'd much rather have it settled what my skills apply to rather than hash it out each time it comes up, and being able to decide "I'll take some ranks in Bluff" and know that's ok, vs worrying about "If I say that 'Secret Agent' includes being able to hack computers, is that too much?"
    Depends on what secret agent is / what you want to do. If you're only interested in hacking, then just taking some ranks in Technology would be sufficient; if you want to be able to hack anything instantly, Machine Control would be more appropriate. If Secret Agent is a class and is supposed to make you like James Bond, then this could be achieved with some ranks in Tech, Vehicles, Covert, Charm, Streetwise, possibly Command, and the rest would just be mundane gear; you likely wouldn't even need any powers.
    Last edited by gatorized; 2023-06-28 at 06:02 PM.