View Single Post

Thread: Critters III! Now also in 5e!

1. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Critters III! Now also in 5e!

Devilish Attorney
    Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful, Baatezu)
    Hit Dice: 8d8+16 (52 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 18 (+2 Dex, +6 Profane), touch 18, flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+10
    Attack: Slap +10 melee (1d3+2)
    Full Attack: 2 Slaps +10 melee (1d3+2)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities, Unnerving Gaze
    Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 5/Silver or Good, Dark Vision 60 ft., Spell Resistance 18, Lawyer, Immune to Poison, Fast Healing 2
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +8
    Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 15
    Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +12, Gather Information +14, Hide +12, Intimidate +14, Knowledge (Local) +12, Listen +12, Move Silently +12, Perform (Oratory) +12, Search +12, Spellcraft +12
    Feats: Irresistible Gaze, Narrowed Gaze, Pervasive Gaze (see Savage Species)
    Environment: Nine Hells of Baator
    Organization: Solitary, Team (2-4), Firm (11-20)
    Challenge Rating: 6
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Always Lawful Evil
    Advancement: 9-16 HD (Medium)
    Level Adjustment: ---

"Yes your honor my client did burn down that orphanage, but we intend to show it was to save those poor orphans from destruction by the local Cleric of Pelor. He is...a vile man..."

"Yes your honor my client was found naked, on horseback, sitting backwards, screaming obscenities and throwing filth at passers by while going the wrong way down a crowded street. Yes she was found to be drunk and possibly on every drug known to mankind subsequent to her arrest. And yes she did beat one of the arresting officers to death with a severed head. And we can explain this. It was the fault of THAT MAN OVER THERE!!!"

If you find yourself in truly deep legal poopie, a Paralegal Imp may not do. In these cases a full blown Devilish Attorney is needed. If one of these guys can't get you out of trouble, your only option after that is to hire Asmodeus himself...at least until you learn of the existence of Solicitors. If you can afford them.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At will: Comprehend Languages, Detect Thoughts (DC 14), Suggestion (DC 15), Charm Monster (DC 16)
    1/day: Dominate Person (DC 17), Mind Fog (DC 17), Mass Suggestion (DC 18), Teleport
    Caster Level 12

Unnerving Gaze (Su): Gaze, 30 ft, Will Save DC 18 negates, Devilish Attorney gains +4 Enhancement Bonus on all Charisma based skill checks against opponent for 1 hour. Save DC is Charisma Based.

Lawyer (Su): Gaze, 30 ft., Will Save DC 18 negates, targets who fail the Save are affected as if by a Discern Lies spell as long as they can see the Devil. Save DC is Charisma based.

Summon Baatezu (Sp): Once per day the Devilish Attorney can attempt to summon 2d10 Paralegal Imps with a 50% chance of success, or 1 Devilish Attorney with a 35% chance of success. This is the equivalent of a 3rd level spell.

Combat: Devilish Attorneys are fond of saying that they're lovers, not fighters. If there's someone their Spell-Like Abilities wont put down, they'll flee.

Devilish Attorney
    "Good to see you again Ralph. I wish it were under better circumstances."

When Imps Won't Do

"Your divorce attorney I presume?"

"Indeed I was sir. What's up now Harlan?."

"Being sued by Beelzebub."

"The Beelzebub?"

"The very same."

They Reserve Their Worst For Paladins

"That's a wee bit above my pay grade."

"Yes, but you have people whose specialty is this sort of thing."

"Gawds have sued people before?"

"Happens all the time. Let me just see if the boss is busy right now."
    Last edited by Bhu; 2023-07-16 at 04:14 PM.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here