Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
ASHIERA
ASHIERA RACIAL TRAITS
Not very strong, but interesting and the numbers look about right. I like that spread of ability adjustments and the lovely array of movement speeds, in particular.

· Spell-like Abilities (Sp): 1/day: Ice Knife, Ice Storm 2/day: Fog Cloud
· Vulnerability (Ex): Ashiera are vulnerable to Fire damage.
[That cold resistence feat.]
Any reason why it doesn't just have the Cold subtype? It would be a fine thematic fit, and cold vulnerability wouldn't mess up anything too bad.

ASHIERA CHARACTERS
A few level dip in a spellcasting class to help boost your movement speed may be necessary.
I don't think that's a very good advice, honestly. Air Heritage (totally worth the feat slot), Water Heritage (whatever, but if one wants to swim fast…) and a level in Barbarian (better synergy with 8 points of ECL with no actual casting) would leave 'em with 30' land, 40' swim and 40' fly (good) all day, every day.

Character Names: Ashiera use Elven names for some reason.
I find that funnier than I probably should. Nice detail.

Cold Healing (Reserve)
You can use the cold to heal yourself.
Prerequisites: Ashiera, must be able to cast 3rd Level spells
Benefits: As long as you have an abjuration spell of 3rd level or higher available to cast, you can attempt to heal yourself via your opponents magic. As an immediate action, you can force any character within 30 feet currently casting a spell on you that has the cold descriptor to make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the level of the highest-level abjuration spell you have available to cast); if the check fails, you take no damage from the spell, and heal 1 point of damage per level of the highest level abjuration spell you have to cast.
It's clunky and very situational. I'd probably drop it.

Scout
Levels 3+: When you gain Fast Movement, you can choose which movement speed to enhance.
I could see Barbarian getting a similar treatment.