1. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: [SW5E OOC] Star Wars 5E: Eye of the Storm

I’m glad this is moving forward. I’m very excited to try this out.

Miko is a consular but more of an untrained sorcerer than a Jedi. She mostly tries to use the force to influence people but can also move things around, including her lightsabers.

My preference for the start would be that we trust Taim and he put us together. So he knows who can use the force and introduces us with that info.

I’m traveling this week so my posts might be a little short, but I’ll put more detail into them after the 31st. Until I get home and can work on a sheet, here is Miko.

Miko, Chiss Consular (Way of Manipulation)

Spoiler: Photos
    Show

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Chiss Consular, Way of Manipulation

AC 16, HP 29/29

STR 10
    DEX 13
    CON 16 (15+1 feat)
    INT 10 (8 +2 race)
    WIS 12
    CHA 18 (16+1 race +1 feat)

Feats
    Durable
    Increase your Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
    When you roll a Hit Die to regain hit points, the minimum number of hit points you can regain from the roll equals twice your Constitution modifier (minimum of 2).
    Your hit point maximum increases by an amount equal to twice your level when you gain this feat. Whenever you gain a level thereafter, your hit point maximum increases by an additional 2 hit points.

Charmer
    Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
    You gain proficiency in the Persuasion skill. If you are already proficient in it, you instead gain expertise in it.
    If you spend 1 minute talking to someone who can understand what you say, you can make a Charisma (Persuasion) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If you or your companions are fighting the creature, your check automatically fails. If your check succeeds, the target is charmed by you as long as it remains within 60 feet of you and for 1 minute thereafter.

Proficiencies
    Languages: Galactic Basic, Cheunh, and Sy Bisti
    Armor: Light, Medium Armor
    Weapons: Simple Lightweapons, Heavy Pistol, Sniper Rifle
    Tools: none
    Gaming Sets: Sabacc Deck, Chance Cubes
    Saving Throws: Wisdom +3, Charisma +6
    Skills: Sleight of Hand +3, Insight +3, Perception +3, Deception +6, Persuasion +8E

Features
    Force Recovery: After short rest, regain force points equal to half your consular level + Charisma modifier = 5

Forcecasting: Forcecasting save DC 14 (dark & universal) or 11 (light). Force attack modifier +6 (dark & universal) or +3 (light). 16 Force Points (4x level + Cha). 13 Known Force Powers:
    At Will: Affect Mind, Force Disarm, Force Imbuement, Force Push/Pull, Saber Reflect (r), Saber Ward, Shock
    Level 1: Cloud Mind, Heal, Comprehend Speech
    Level 2: Animate Weapon (b), Coerce Mind (c), Phasewalk (b)

Force Shield: 3/LR Rx to add CHA to AC until start of next turn
    Force Empowered Casting: 2 options
    - Refocused: 2 FP to automatically succeed on concentration save
    - Twin: FP = level of spell. if only targets one, can target two
    Force Affinity: Bogan, dark side powers gain minimum threshold
    Consular Tradition: Way of Manipulation
    Saber Storm: Action 1 minute, 2/SR, move 10' and attack. d8+Cha.
    -While active, +Cha to AC, +Cha to concentration saves
    Darkvision: 120'
    Martial Proficiency: Light, medium armor, Heavy Pistol, Sniper Rifle
    Politically Minded: Insight
    Tech Resistance: Advantage on Dex and Int saves vs. Tech powers
    Political Presence: When you walk into a room, people immediately respect your opinion and listen to what you have to say. You are commonly taken for face value as a person of great standing. People will likely treat you like a noble or assume you of that lineage. You can attain audiences with nobles or officials easily, as they may often see you as one of their circle. Bureaucratic red tape holds little challenge to you because you always seem to know the right person to talk to.

Credits: 575
    Equipment: Weave armor (1000), Light Shield Generator (125), Lightblade x2 (750), Electrobaton (275), Vibrodagger x2 (100), Fine Clothes, Backpack, Canteen, Field Rations x5, Datacron, Datacard x5, Hands Free Comm Link (200), Chance Cubes, Sabacc Deck

Alignment: Neutral Balanced
    Personality: No matter how high the stakes, I always appear calm. I try to be unpredictable, so no one will know when I'm bluffing.
    Ideals: Risk. Nothing worth doing is ever a sure thing. Surprise. Life is a game worth playing, because you never know how the dice will land.
    Bond: I owe a lot of money to the wrong kind of people.
    Flaws: I spend money faster than I can make it. Everyone has a price. Mine happens to be pretty low.
    Appearance: 5'6" 120lbs. Black Hair, Red eyes, Blue Skin. Miko is charming and beautiful. She dresses in fine silk clothes worn over a set of fitted weave armor. She carries no blasters, only a few engraved, collectors' lightblades and some hidden daggers. She fits in well in formal situations and most people seem to think she is wealthy and important. But it's an act. She has no money and is on the run. Moff Taim is her only hope

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    1. The "Elevator Pitch."

Daiemi’ko’karys (Miko) grew up an urchin and a criminal far from the Chiss' planet. As a teenager, she found she was good at reading people, influencing them, and even controlling them. She’s heard rumors of the force but didn’t know that’s what she uses. She never had any formal training or guidance. She’d never met anyone else that can use the force. She just knew that things work out for her and she can manipulate things with her mind. People do what she wants. Games work out in her favor. She’s used her abilities and luck to leave behind her criminal past and became a professional gambler, travelling the galaxy to play against other professionals. A subtle “you should probably fold” when the odds are in her favor or a quick tip of a die to get the result she needed Enough that she was able to parlay her winnings into a low level political position, working under Moff Taim. She made quite a good living. Until recently.

She was accused of cheating in a game of dice, which she had done but not in the way she was accused. She was about to be arrested when she had to use her powers in a less subtle way. It was only at this moment that she realized she had been using the force. Once it became clear to others the power she possessed, she had to flee. The professional gambling guild put a bounty on her head. The criminal gang that bet on her and lost is out to recoup their losses.

(Sort of a female Lando Calrissian who can use the force)

2. What brings you into Ephraim Taim's service?

Miko had met Ephraim Taim before he was Moff Taim and assigned to his position as governor of Osmur. They had helped each other get ahead when he was just an Imperial Commander. She had helped him with business negotiations and made him a significant amount of money, while he had kept her out of trouble and looked the other way at her gambling and swindling. They also became decent friends. When she upset the gambling guild, she ran to Taim to help her hide.

3. Tell me something about Taim.

Unlike most Moffs, Taim was not born into privilege. He worked his way up through the Empire, through guile and luck. It is said that he has always been ambitious and willing to work around the rules. There is a rumor (true but unverified) that he assassinated the previous Moff, a tyrant of a man who ruled with a iron fist. But then the new Moff Taim brought justice and mercy to his sector, so no one looked further into the assassination.

4 [Optional]. What's something you want to do in this game? What's a scene, arc, conflict, dramatic moment, dramatic element, or something else that you'd like to get to do?

I want to have an epic lightsaber fight.

5. What are your preferred pronouns? He/him but not overly concerned.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2023-07-24 at 08:43 AM.