My noble friends,

I am strugglin'. I loaded up myself with posts to write for - most as a player, some as a GM - when I was working a job I didn't care about and not sure what was happening next for me. As of two weeks ago, I'm doing some postgrad study and working only part-time, and I am finding it more creatively taxing. I'm trying to make small cuts in my 'post load' and, after some thought, The Ballad of Echo Company is the one I am considering. The other games I run are in universes I am very familiar with and I know where they are going; Echo Company is a wholecloth setting and I spend more stress (the good but timeconsuming kind) trying to decide where things will go, and how to present that direction in a 5E challenge.

But I also like this game and I like Doc and Ginger and Sal and Xilo, so I don't want to give them up completely - not if I don't have to. I'm only studying a Post Grad Certificate right now, which is just a 6 month course. I'm operating on the assumption that none of you guys are planning to delete your accounts at the end of the year, but would you lads be alright if we paused the game to pick it up again at the end of the year after I've cleared all my assessment? I'll message everyone to drag you back to the game at the time. I'm sorry the game has gone from regular, to irregular, to sparse right now; I fear if I just try to slug through I'll not do it justice and, arguably worse, do damage to my studies.

Interested in hearing everyone's thoughts; whether a break would be too distruptive or if everyone is happy to take one and come back after.