View Single Post

Thread: Orc/Goblinoid Resources

1. - Top - End - #845
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Orc/Goblinoid Resources

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Anyone got any other old 2e races they want converted? This was the last one I had:
    Unfortunately, I'm not quite so familiar with 2e as to be of any help on that front. Also, presently, I'm currently being kind of distracted by

GYERIAN

"Shinies!"

Gyerians are bird like humanoids with light tan or brown plumage. They have large, bulging eyes, and sharp, curved beaks. Most of them are 3-4 feet tall, with 1 in 10 males being larger individuals standing 5 feet or more. They are known as Cockrobins. One of these per group eventually becomes a Rooster, standing 7 feet tall.

GYERIAN RACIAL TRAITS
    just HOW MUCH A BIRDY this one over here is!! No, seriously, I love the fluff (very fluffy and feels like something a bird would do!) and the mechanical side of things (also very fittingly birdlike) in equal measure. I mean, sneeze away things when scared? Call the flock from afar? Just bounce away like a pro if thatdoesn't resolve the issue quick enough? This is beautiful. Worth every single point of ECL.

COCKROBIN RACIAL TRAITS
    ROOSTER RACIAL TRAITS
    What I'm really not sure about is these guys. They cost 2 extra HD and 4 extra HD plus a point of LA, respectively, and what they offer in return isÂ… Well, not much to Call home about. The NA is a take or leave, losing Small size is quite strictly bad and gaining better damage… Well, the basic Little Bird Gyerian's potential damage output and to-hit is already quite impressive, whereas the Big Ones' is only kind of reasonable for a claw/claw/bite routine.

Adventuring Race: Gyerians go on adventure because they have to, or they're scared to be alone.
    Awww.

Character Names: Gyerians use names based on personal appearance or accomplishment, such as 'Yellow Feather', "Bad Wrestler" or "Uneasy Smile."
    AWWW.

Improved Sneeze
    Your sneeze is more powerful.
    Prerequisites: Gyerian, Con 15+
    Benefits: Your sneeze now effects all creatures in a 15 foot Cone.

Greater Sneeze
    Your sneeze is more powerful still.
    Prerequisites: Improved Sneeze
    Benefits: Should targets fail the Saving throw, they are pushed back 10 feet and knocked prone, taking 3d4 damage.
    …and this makes the Little Birds sound even better.

Cockrobin
    You are mentally tougher than some.
    Prerequisites: Cockrobin
    Benefits: You gain a +2 Bonus on Willpower Saves (this stacks with Feats like Iron Will).
    Whereas this is too little too late and

Rooster
    You are an inspiration to your fellows.
    Prerequisites: Rooster, Cockrobin Feat
    Benefits: All allies who can see you share you'er +2 Bonus to Willpower Saves from the Cockrobin Feat.
    this, though incredibly wholesome which I like to bits, is easily surpassed in cost/efficacy by being a Marshal, of all things.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-08-06 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Â.