1. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers vs. 40k IC1: Worst. Isekai. Ever.

Return to the Sabre:
    As you do so, it will noticeably become more bustling over the next few days. Strange people from Ensara's Inner World will poking around, such as Izzet and Kaladesh artificers studying the tech around them, myr (cute little beak-nosed robots) from Mirrodin helping out where they can, much of these inhabitants casually greeting Ensara with friendliness and when you meet Rhiannon again she will be talking to a blood ape in monk's robes:
    "....and so thats why I can't explain how my enlightenment of climbing the endless mountain of Qaf has reigned in my based blood ape instincts and let me find inner peace to a human. It is not an enlightenment appropriate for one! Humans should seek human enlightenment, for the lessons Qaf teaches are not meant for them."
    He notices and turns to Ensara
    "Oh hello Ensara! The religions around here are quite interesting. Oddly monotheistic like the God-Emperor and Isha but its always interesting learn about new cultures."
    "Hey. Everyone is Muzganoz the Enlightened, Muzganoz this is my fellow Jumpers, Frode, Alex and Edward, and this is Kaerabryn an Eldar on the Path of the Outcaste. Don't worry about him being a demon, Exalted demons are very different from most worlds, and all the ones that come with me are safe. But I how did you know about Isha, Muz?"
    "Oh, there is a human priest of Isha on your ship now among those you call the mutants. They teach compassion and healing to their flock, and I get the impression its quite a new religion, they had a vision not too long ago and have demonstrated some healing powers when someone had an accident and injured themselves."
    "Ah, I see. Seems Isha is being more active than Cegorach in spreading her message."
    "Ah, she is a Goddess you can talk to? Fascinating, they're always a bit more lively than the silent religions, like that God-Emperor one, reminds me of the Fajadi God."
    Rhiannon replies
    "Sigh. If circumstances were different I'd be calling everything thats happening around me heresy yet.....Its so strange. Your followers, Ensara. They're all so....accepting of other viewpoints, their minds so unguarded. I find it dangerous to be so yet....you find a strange strength in it. I can't explain it. Are other worlds really that safe in comparison?"
    "From one point of view....yes. From another.....no."
    Ensara says "For example, Thanoseid and his Anti-Life Equation is very similar to Chaos Corruption in many respects, but is some ways more terrifying."
    "Do people in that world take more extremes measure than us to guard against it then?"
    "No. The DC universe is one of the most philosophically in favor of the goodness of people and doesn't do anything like the Imperium to defend against it."
    "Then how does it survive against such a threat?"
    "Through heroes willing to fight against it so that others don't have to."
    "Hm. That sounds similar to the Imperium many military forces or the Inquisition to my viewpoint. What then is the difference?"
    "Well, for one the heroes do not cause Exterminatus and kill far less people or even none to save the day."
    "No killing....at all? That's foreign to me. You kill do you not?"
    "Never said I was one of them. Probably more an anti-hero in some respects than hero. But that doesn't mean I need to be all Punisher about it."
    "You'd advocate for things you do not believe in?"
    "Ideals are rarely literal or feasible in application. I simply am not much of a principles person."
    "Sigh....this is making my head spin with all this talk, what are we doing next?"
    "I'm also thinking of going to Jagganogga, investigating whats happening there."
    "...Very well. can I come along to investigate as well? I want to see how such a stable system could turn rebel like this."
    "I don't see why not."

Transit to Jagganogga:
    The Sabre will warp travel to the Jagganogga system, taking about one to six weeks depending on the Warp and whether Frode decides to speed it up with his Tardis to just get there instantly (just saying he has already demonstrated the ability to teleport something the size of a planet across the galaxy twice seemingly effortlessly). During which Ensara will offer to use Exalted sorcery to fix Mancylops's too many eyes mutation.
    "You could really do that?" she asks
    "Yes. Could use sorcery to take away all the mutations of all the mutants on this ship honestly. Make you all normal. But that wouldn't be freedom. I have to make sure your choosing that, because you might want to choose differently."
    "Differently how?"
    "I could turn your mutations to be more beneficial, more beautiful, to make them something your proud of, rather than something to erase. Differences after all should be embraced, and what you wish to with your body is your choice. If you want to be a normal human, I'll do that but if you want me to instead turn your many eyes into something you want, something you prefer, I'll do that instead."
    "Well....I guess that the eyes mutation while...a hassle....did help me sometimes back in the underhive, allowed me to see attacks coming from behind. Despite the harsh life its given me its kept me alive and made me who I am in a way and....well I'd probably still be scum if I didn't have it. So I'd like to make my eyes more beautiful. Make it into something I can use."
    "Very well"
    Ensara will perform a sorcerous working over a week, a ritual to permanently change Manyclops eyes into a more symmetrical and beautiful form, getting rid of unneeded eyes and moving others into more pleasing configurations so that she has three eyes on her head, the third eye above and between the two others, an eye on the back of her neck and an eye on the back of her hands. When she is done, Manyclops looks upon her body
    "This....is so much better! So more random eyes where I don't need them....but why did it take so long to perform?"
    "That is a sorcerous working, Exalted Sorcery is never particularly fast, even the fastest spells aren't ones you typically cast in personal combat, but sorcerous workings are ones that require a lot of set up to do anything even if they make permanent changes on the world."
    "Could you change more?"
    "A lot. Creation is much smaller than a galaxy, but Adamant Circle Sorcerous workings have the potential to subtly change the very rules of the cosmos if I do it right and don't screw up."
    "Does scale matter with a sorcerous working?"
    "It matters a lot. the bigger the scale and scope of a working, the more things that could go wrong, the more time it takes, the more essence I have to gather to do what I want. But if I do it right, it makes a change to the world that cannot be reversed."
    "And if you screw up?"
    "Well its not the end of the world or the working but it often does mean there are complications to work out. Once knew a Twilight Caste who created a girlfriend for himself from a statue, botched the working right at the end out of impatience and while she was mostly everything he wanted....she could only live on a diet of certain rocks. He had to do things to keep a constant supply of them around so she could live."
    "Couldn't he just reverse it?"
    "No. He could've perhaps made a working to mitigate the effects but that would be its own strangeness. They'd cancel each other out in terms of results but the process would still be strange. Once a sorcerous working is done.....it can't really be undone. Not really. Like, he couldn't change her diet to normal, he had to make trees that grew stone-fruit that could be picked and stockpiled for her to eat."
    "That is incredibly strange."
    "Indeed. Its one of the reasons I don't use Sorcerous workings often. Not only do they take time, but their consequences aren't truly reversible. It can only add and go forward, not go back. This gets weirder results the more you do it."
    "Sounds a bit like the Warp in how it changes things but....slower, more deliberate. Not able to go back."
    "Well Creation's not a world where stuff like retcons or resurrections can even happen so....enjoy the fact your body's remade now. There is nothing that can truly reverse how it is now."
    Except maybe perks, but those don't count.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-08-07 at 06:03 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".