View Single Post

Thread: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

1. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

Default The Offices of the Midnight Guard

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I'd imagine the afternoon is a bit early for Xavier to be doing body guard duty already.. However! It might be somewhat convenient if he was at the office tidying up a thing or two and just happened to meet Shandara there. Or.. he could walk in with her as you say. Either way.

Shandara waves shyly at the halfling and says, "Hello, Jay. You're just the one I was hoping to find."

Without really explaining why, she asks, "Have you found work lately? Well, since I last spoke, I mean..."

After a bit of small talk is out of the way Shandara says, "So, I remember you told me that you might be willing to test out some new spells. As a matter of fact, during the course of my work, I believe I have come up with quite a nasty one as a byproduct. It could be quite deadly and destructive in the right hands."

She extracts the scroll from her pack and sets it on the desk. "You can read magic, correct? I'm just wondering what you think so far, without casting it."

Spoiler: spellcraft stuff
    Show
    Suggested stuff to reveal, in order of difficulty. If there's anything else you want to add or modify, feel free.

At first glance, the spell is of the conjuration school, though it does not appear to manipulate matter for the purposes of "creation". Nor does it summon or call anything. Instead, it actually seems to teleport objects.

More advanced insight reveals that the spell forms a brief connection with the plane of water.

And then that actually, though the spell goes to the plane of water, it is also slightly "close" to the plane of fire, and the negative energy plane.. or perhaps, one could say, close to the quasi-elemental plane of salt and para-elemental plane of steam.

And then it would take an insanely high roll and specific knowledge (spellcraft or planes) to recognize that this location on the plane of water is boiling hot, briny water, under extreme pressure.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2023-08-11 at 04:54 AM.