Aiden is delighted that the Majordomo seems to be taking the proposal into consideration, even with the reservations.

"Yes, yes! I'll... mock up a little model tonight. Not from ironwood - I don't have the medium or the tools right now, but the style I can replicate. And as for a sample of my craft, well, that's -"

He turns around and reaches for the open air where Ambrose is normally standing with his instruments, and meets nothing. And then laughs.

"Ah, I'm a silly fellow, sometimes. I left my horse back at - ... It's alright, I can do that. I'll make it a harp, I suppose. You shall see me again soon!"

He waits a little longer to catch his breath, and then off to collect his equine friend he goes; practically clicking his heels.

Spoiler: OOC:
Show
Tasks:

1. Make a Masterwork Harp as an example of skill for the Archduchess. This is a standard operation, and the calculation will be the same as it was for making my banjo:

Masterwork instrument is 100gp, translating to 1000sp for crafting formula. Craft DC is probably equivalent to a "Complex or Superior Item", DC 20. Aiden pays 333SP and 4CP for materials.

Take 10 for Woodwork is 32, for future reference. I can pop the crafting DC up to 30 then, comfortably enough.

32*30=960. So a week of work would get it almost done; needing just another day (or half day) to push it over the 1000sp threshold.
There's also the ship restoration happening in the workshop; but most of that at this point is sanding that Aiden is deliberately letting his unwitting apprentices do so they will discover at the end of it that they did most of the job themselves.

2. Make a model of the Legacy Tree concept.

This is a bit more freeform. He doesn't need to carve the tree in exacting detail (he's not planning to sculpt a tree and the harp should demonstrate his talent) he just needs the abstract form and some scaled down gold fasteners for the segments, which I think he should be able to make with his Toolmaking skill. That whole thing is a lot less complex than the instrument - maybe another day or two, with about twenty gold worth of material investment? Up to you, boss.

Before that, though, he's going to have to check in with Shandara about his findings on the Tundra Oak.