I see it as a case of fridge logic. If you dig down deep enough the holes become apparent in Deus and his schemes plus the reaction of the world, which we honestly havent even really seen yet. So we can read the comic, go, "Deus is a rich handsome multi billionaire with enough connections that he is a major defense contractor for the US military AT LEAST plus whatever else he does, and he got his start taking over rinky dink warlord ruled "nations" in africa that nobody really cares about in the states because why would they. And now he has access to super advanced alien tech, a demon army, and a track record of actually making things better overall wherever he goes. Yeah, i can see why nobody is willing to be heavy handed with him."

Yeah plot armor is part of it, but its at least fairly believable plot armor. Its a real life issue that the rich and powerful get away with a LOT of nonsense and even when they do get in trouble it can take YEARS of effort to punish them properly. Combine that with the whole having sci fi tech and a demon army along with his own supers and yeah, that makes it reasonable to believe his plan is working out for him. As for todays comic. Oh god sydney, what are you doing?! Taking bets. I think she wants to summon the young succubus friend of hers. Also, holy cow gwen, you look like you are ready for one HECK of a night on the town! She looks really nice. Getting some serious mai shiranui vibes with her outfit choice.