1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Baldur's Gate 3 II: The Urge for a Second Playthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This! Or at the very least they could work on giving us campaign/DM tools, so we can get to work converting all kinds of other D&D video games to this engine and edition. I was just watching Let's Plays/Retrospectives of the old school gold box run from SSI that spanned settings like Dark Sun and Ravenloft
    It's going to be prohibitively difficult for modders to make content that matches the polish of this game's presentation, so I'd definitely prefer if they invested in professional funded teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    A same-engine sequel seems like a given to me. A game as successful as BG3 doesn't just not get a sequel, they're surely already at least planning what they want to do for that. And unless I'm quite misinformed, most developers don't want to just change engines willy-nilly. Unless they've got a good reason to think they're better off switching to another, odds are they stick with the same one.
    "Same Engine Sequel" is a bit misleading as a colloquial term, and standalone expansion is probably the better one. Like both Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 are being made in versions of the same engine, but only New Vegas is a "same engine sequel" because it doesn't have a massive overhaul of the graphics and gameplay and just builds a new game around the same core assets and mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    If nothing else, we could easily see the next Neverwinter Nights game, or something else set in any D&D setting, as another game, or a downloadable campaign to be played in the BG3 client.
    I was thinking Icewind Dale would be real easy to do. You could get away with not writing any bespoke companions and probably get it finished a lot quicker.
    Last edited by Errorname; 2023-10-12 at 09:07 PM.