1. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: What Are You Playing: 9 Years since the Last Dragon Age

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Oh, so it's not just gameplay. So you dislike Larian games because of their custom protagonist's lack of history and ties to the gameworld... but you like Bethesda games. Where protags like the Dohvakiin, Dusty, Vault Dweller, etc are the blankest of blank slates. ...Okay then...
    My previous comments both called Starfield "average at best" and mentioned that I found BG3 "narratively a mess and lacking an interesting plot hook," so I don't know where you got the impression I like Bethesda games or only had issues with Larian's gameplay design. This seems like a you issue. Sorry I don't like the things you do.

And it's not so much that I dislike blank slate protagonists. Kingmaker, which I've referenced three times now, is my personal pick for best CRPG and has a blank main character, too. I dislike how Larian's "OC don't steal" characters overshadow the protagonist and make you feel superfluous in your own game.

Funny story: I hit a bug in BG3 where the game literally shunted Gale to the main character position. He replaced my character as the lead and NPCs would prioritize talking to him instead. I had to chuckle at how the game literally shoved my character out of the way.
    Last edited by ArmyOfOptimists; 2023-10-12 at 09:35 PM.