Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
That amounts to a rephrasing of what I just said, so not sure what you think your point is there.
I guess we have different standards for 'irrelevant', because to my mind if something has a potential game long presence and a dedicated possible ending it's not irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
That's kind of what I mean - there are good ways to engage with the grove, and stupid-evil ways to engage with the grove, but if you want to roleplay evil + smart, your only option is not to engage. There's nothing interesting there for that kind of character, you're just skipping a chunk of the game.
It's a shame, because I think you could have very easily made a version of that quest for an evil player that didn't cut the Tiefling refugee plot short. They're going to end up in Moonrise Towers if you save them anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
Well I mean, smart evil avoids danger if possible. Smart evil doesn't slaughter for the sake of it, or entangle themselves with stupid evil people if they can help it. Heck, Gortash says as much about Orin in act 3.
Funny for him to start ranting about smart evil, since Gortash's entire plan is absurdly dangerous and basically doomed to failure even if everything goes right.