1. - Top - End - #322
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Baldur's Gate 3 II: The Urge for a Second Playthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    Eh, her main complaint is that the Absolute forced her to do it. She doesn't really have any qualms about performing evil provided her goals merit it. When she asks you why you slaughtered the Grove, the only answer she seriously objects to is the one saying you did it for the lulz. But every reason that was goal related gets either her mechanical +approval or "Heh, yeah..."

I liked my run with Minthara but she's evil. She says some hilariously eff'd up stuff in Act III. Also...
    Spoiler: Minor Spoiler
    Show
    For all that she resents being controlled, once we discovered the whole plot, she was "So, we're gonna dominate the brain instead, right? And rule as dictators? 'Cause that's 100% what we should be doing."

SHE doesn't like being dominated but she's all on board with ruling as God-Queen and dominating everyone else. She doesn't even have Gale's pseudo-religious philosophic reasons for why him keeping the Crown might be warranted or Astarion's "After centuries of pain, no one will ever hurt or scare me again" reasons for wanting to hijack the ritual. She's just "This is a great way to become rulers and we should be doing this because, you know, we'd be rulers, duh."

She doesn't sit around laughing manically while eating a bag of orphan kittens (that's Orin's job) but she's well south of the Neutral line. Which I actually appreciated.
    You mean... literally the same suggestion Astarion makes early on?

Look, I never said she isn't evil; I'm saying she's redeemable, as well as talented/capable enough for redemption to be worthwhile. If we were somehow able to prevent her from slaughtering the grove without killing her, she wouldn't be that much worse - morally speaking - than say Voss, or pre-wipe Shadowheart.

The Guardian sees her as an asset too - assuming she survives her trial, they envelop her in the artifact's protection immediately without needing any convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Errorname View Post
    Sure, but so are Astarion, Shadowheart and Lae’zel, at least to start. It would not take much for Minthara to fit into a good playthrough, beyond that the game doesn’t have a scenario where she can fail to destroy the grove and kill the tieflings and survive to act 2, but it’s not like you couldn’t have written that outcome.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
    Yhea, its purely Act 1 narrative stuff. You can skip the content of Act 1 and just beeline to Moonrise through the mountain pass, right?

I personally don't mind we be given an option to sequence break story beats in an RPG.
    I'm not sure, but I know you can learn about Moonrise via the burning inn (as that's where they kidnapped Duke Ravengard) instead of via Halsin or Minthara. You can also get to the Underdark via Auntie Ethel's place.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I'm kind of getting bored with my current playthrough, might just be burnout from Act 3's terrible performance. Starting again from Act 1 to see if that'll let me re-engage with Act 3.

So class picking time, and I want to see how long I can run about in my undies. Which means Barbarian, Monk, Sorcerer, Warlock, or Wizard, and only two of those run off of CHA. So Archfey Warlock it is!
    FYI, you can run around in your underwear as anybody, just hide your armor.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2023-10-18 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)