1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Marvels , you know that new superhero movie

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This was in response to people convinced that another trailer for The Marvels was the straw that would break the camel's back and collapse their media empire or whatever.
    No one said that either. Or anything even close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    GotG 3 was pretty solid, IMO. I also enjoyed the D&D movie, even if it apparently didn't do well overall...perhaps I might have a bit of bias due to enjoying the source material, perhaps Wizards sandbagged themselves by being overtly evil near the release, who knows? John Wick 4 was also enjoyable enough.

I also quite enjoyed the live action One Piece adaptation. Never got into the original anime, and I understand skepticism as most live action adaptations of Anime are dodgy at best....but this one actually was surprisingly decent.

Sure, lots of rough entries all in all, but a few good bits here and there.
    GotG3 is what I'm calling "barely a success" (financially). The movie was pretty good, but while it actually made a profit, it wasn't exactly a resounding success. The D&D movie also flopped, IIRC.

You're right about John Wick and One Piece, though.

- John Wick, I don't remember the numbers , but it probably made a lot of money.
    - One Piece was actually well done and apparently a major success... I didn't think Netflix had it in them. Apparently, one of the reasons is that Oda had a lot of say in its writing and production, unlike the creator of Cowboy Bebop (who doesn't actually own the IP, IIRC).
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2023-11-29 at 03:37 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff: