1. - Top - End - #945
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Baldur's Gate 3 II: The Urge for a Second Playthrough

I ran two of my old run's epilogues

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Good Run: Was nice catching up with everyone. Gale detonated himself this run so the projection was sort of bittersweet, especially when I tried to hug it. Weirdly, I didn't see Alfira (mentioned in Zevox's comments) although she did survive, was on the Elfsong roof and my bard character had multiple conversations with her throughout the game and helped with her song. Or was that info just via letter? I totally missed the letter box -- oops! Guess I'll have to fire it back up and look to see what I got. The biggest part was the "Hey, we can maybe probably save Karlach for good" leads. Maybe that'll finally shush some people up.

Evil, Non-Dark Urge Run: Sadly, though not unexpectedly, there's no epilogue if you dominate the Brain and become the Absolute. So I destroyed the Brain and got a nice closing where Minthara and I talk about our plans and decide to take over Baldur's Gate via political guile and assassination like normal people. At one point she asks why I didn't dominate the brain and there's no option to suggest that doing so would have just made her a thrall -- there's no Co-Absolute option.

The party was a gathering of the Sword Coast's worst people between myself, Minthara, Ascended Astarion and Mother Superior Shadowheart. Shadowheart has got it going on in her Shar Pope gown. Despite conversations between Minthara and myself suggesting that we're working 24/7 on setting up alliances, bribes, favors owed, etc in the pursuit of power in BG, neither Astarion or Shadowheart recognized or commented on it. You'd think that "Ascended Vampire in Cazador's manor" and "High Priestess of Shar Church" would be on our list of local alliances and leverages. Gale went off to become a professor (I didn't encourage him to seize the crown, maybe I should have) and my conversation with Jahiera was about the same as in my Good run above. Minthara was all "Can we go? These are your friends, they all hate me. Can I poison them?". Classic Mindy.

This time I did notice the box of letters and most were fairly neutral "Hey thanks" stuff though I was amused by Devella's ignorance of my being evil with comments about "I heard reports that Bhaalists were even sacrificing Bhaalists!" and "We'll have to toast to Valeria's memory..."

All in all, it was an interesting ending and I appreciated the effort but they obviously had a harder time trying to make an Evil ending gel than the traditional good guy hero runs.
    Last edited by Jophiel; 2023-12-01 at 01:18 AM.