1. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: MitD XIX: The Potted Plant Is Starting To Look Reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    OK, so present one. If this is the hill you want to die on, plant your damn flag and present this creature that fits all other clues, and also sleeps standing up.

Until you do, I'm going to keep considering any argument about MitD "looks like" while asleep to be easily brushed aside because none of the creatures suggested would have a reason to plant their face against a barred window to sleep when they could turn around and sleep on the shaded half of his box. Which means that those are comic shorthands, not actually closed eyes. And therefore we cannot draw any conclusions from what they look like. Because, I'm going to remind you, we cannot in fact see his actual eyes. They are deep inside magical impenetrable darkness, and have always been. Even in his very first appearance.

GW
    Uh, Horses? Hippos? Cows are capable of doing so but often choose not to. Giraffes sometimes. Zebras, apparently, and many birds. Its not a huge list, but its not some unheard of thing. I don't understand why you find the idea so offensive.

And also, "Rich is drawing eyes to signify that there are in fact no eyes." is going to be a non-starter argument for me no matter how you phrase it.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2023-12-02 at 06:59 PM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”