Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
Yes, of course I think that when awake he is standing to look out the window so he can see what's going on. The hell kind of question is that. And I think that when he goes to sleep, he curls up on the floor and his face won't be anywhere near the window. Because the box is twice as big as the area he uses under the umbrella, so he can just go prone or at the very least sit down. What I cannot plausibly picture is him remaining standing up with his face against a window when trying to sleep.
The window is irrelevant. He fell asleep where he was standing. The fact that there was a window there is meaningless because he was not using the window to sleep with in any capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
Given you are attempting to respond to my argument, if "your point" has nothing to do with mine, then I'll take that as a concession that you don't have an answer to "there is nothing we can conclude, because we do not see his face, and those lines when 'asleep' are just comic shorthand that he is in fact asleep".

GW
Fish have eyes. They drew a fish with stylistic eyes. Your argument is that it is possible Rich is representing a complete lack of eyes with stylistic eyes. Not just closed eyes, but a complete absence of them. I find that tantamount to arguing that Rich might by lying to us, either artistically or when he said nothing about the MITD's early appearances contradicted the monster, or both.