Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
I don't think the problem with the Eternals was that the Deviants didn't make sense - Thanos' plan is 100% dumb as rocks, but Infinity War works (pretty well) as a movie because Thanos works as a character. The problem with the Eternals was that the characters were all boring. You could have the most exquisitely logical backstory ever penned, but with a cast of characters as interesting as beige bathroom tile, nobody's gonna care.
Personally, I liked the Eternals, both the movie and the characters. I appreciated than none of them wanted to be superheroes or to go around saving the world. They had spent thousands of years fighting Deviants, believed that they had killed all of them and were taking a well earned retirement. Having nothing left to prove is something that I can relate to. So they acted, did teaching, raised a family, started cults; you know, normal stuff. Personally, I found them much more relatable than Tony Stark, Peter Parker, or Thor. I was rooting for them, and consequently found the ending poignant.

Obviously, many other people found them otherwise. Well, you all do you.