Savtua Swamp

John watches more of his wounds simply melt away, his surprised look giving way to a happy smile. Well, cleric, I don't know this god of yours, but if you tell me I'll always whisper a prayer of thanks to the one who saved me... I mean, brought me back." Turning to Doredan, John nods fervently. "I'm no expert, but I know some trail craft, if no one else does. I'm something of a jack of all trades, me. I should be able to find these lizard kin if they reside nearby here. I'll take the lead, but if anything too threatening comes along I'll move to the rear. Don't want to come back to life just to get killed again... His eyes go to the imp and the smile returns. "Most people don't get a second chance, so I intend to use mine wisely."

Jason moves to take the lead, his hand moving up to rub at his throat like it was sore. He searches the swampy terrain for sign or spore, and after some time of searching he identifies several large drag marks- far too big to be any creature in this misty swamp. At first there is fear of larger demons, but then Jason finds the remains of a lumber harvesting camp, including primitive stone saws and axes, and realizes the drag marks are binds of lumber being dragged through the swamp. Assuming that the lumber would be bound for a settlement, Jason leads on.

It is hard to see through the heavy, settled fog, but in the grey half-light the group begins to make out lights in the distance. They are fluttering, shimmering beacons in the fog. Approaching closer, the party begins to make out hazy outbuildings, shadows of rough hewn lumber that look to be used to store supplies. Nets and baskets can be seen tumbling out of one with an open door, indicating a culture heavily invested in fishing. The fog begins to clear, and Jason motions for the party to slow down and halt before losing the cover of the mists. Then, from a slimy pool of water ahead, you see the first of the lizard folk of this realm.

Topping six feet in height, a humanoid form rises from a large pool of standing water ahead of you. Water rolls down murky green scales flecked with tips of ebon black. The swamp is quiet, but as the reptile rises from the swamp a deep, throaty song emits from the creature, the frills on it's back rising as it's notes pierce the night. From deeper into the fog a voice responds, followed by another, followed by an entire chorus of guttural groans that lie in the border between animalistic and soulful. Then the folk rinses a basket through the water, hefting it onto it's shoulder and heading deeper into the swamp, towards the flittering swampfire lanterns of what can barely be made out to be a village. More and more of these lanterns flare into life, and as they do they burn away the fog around them, revealing an entire village of lizard folk. Some are armed with javelins, clubs, stone maces, and other crude weapons, but most have only teeth and claws which they use to tie knots and throw nets into the murk.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
The party is not really on the map yet, but in case things get hostile I wanted to have a battle map ready. The folk appear to be peaceful, but then again for all you know they will eat you if they catch you. How does the party wish to proceed?