1. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Domino Quartz's Delightfully Quaint Random Banter Thread #248

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Rater, I also have no idea where your getting sweet potatoes from or why its even relevant to this conversation about Owl House, at all.

To me, its completely random and you just brought it up and not explained anything.

Please. Unpack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So about halfway through season 2 we get these scenes.

These are called back to later, notably nine episodes later when Luz greets Amity as "Sweet Potato" shortly before they kiss on the mouth for the first time.

In the third season premiere, we see "Batatas," which is to say, the Spanish for sweet potatoes, being legible on a list of food items that is briefly visible when Luz's mom is going over her notes regarding which food items witches can and can't eat, and it has an "N" circled next to it suggesting that they're in the 'no' pile. Either sweet potatoes are unpalatable to witches, or they can't digest them properly.

Either way, the terms of affection that Amity and Luz sometimes use for each other refer to food that Amity can't eat.

I find that ironic.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2024-01-06 at 04:32 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks