Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
The only situation which I feel would be interesting to play a dwarf, or even have dwarves in a campaign setting, would be a campaign in which everyone plays only dwarves, and which takes place entirely in dwarven lands. That actually sounds quite cool and interesting. It lets the characters flourish in their dwarveness, and the other players, being up for playing archetypical dwarves, will appreciate the grumpy roughness and stubborness.
Makes me think that a campaign in which Dwarves (and perhaps Halflings & Gnomes) are the most common races in the land might be interesting. A bit more hobbit inspired, less human farming villages threatened by orcs and more dwarfholds, gnome burrows, and halfling shires threatened by monsters with PCs as humans from faraway lands.

Hobbit inspired and perhaps Mahakam from the Witcher inspired as well. These races have a "salt of the earth" feel that I think would make them good as the most common races in the setting, and as a bonus it would give humans a bit of LotR style mystique as adventuring knights and wizards from Not!Gondor/the Great Kingdom.