Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
At that point in the story it's unclear what's in it or how it's protecting you, I don't think that would have been the best route. The... occupant doesn't know her from a hole in the ground unless you ask it to, much further into Act 2. And knowing her,
Spoiler
Show
even if you could have removed the scales from her eyes in Act 1, she'd probably still encourage you to wipe out the Grove so as not to tip off the Absolute.

Even in Act 2, when you can finally extend the Prism's protection to her, she has to either hide in your camp or pretend to be a mindless thrall under your control to keep the ruse going.
I actually struggled with this after my comment last night.

Like, why would THIS true soul be given a special chance to save themselves while all the others are disposable?

My best idea is that while others were merely unsure, reluctant and converted, etc.. she was actually ***against*** the Absolute from prior her conversion, and has been harbouring these resentment under her yoke for so long.

You could even have her act a bit irrational and angry in the service of the absolute, and it would be ways for her true personality to try to resist.

But I agree that even temporarily free in act 1, she should act the way you describe. 100% agreed. However, it gives you a better RP reason to spare her life.