Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
I actually struggled with this after my comment last night.

Like, why would THIS true soul be given a special chance to save themselves while all the others are disposable?

My best idea is that while others were merely unsure, reluctant and converted, etc.. she was actually ***against*** the Absolute from prior her conversion, and has been harbouring these resentment under her yoke for so long.

You could even have her act a bit irrational and angry in the service of the absolute, and it would be ways for her true personality to try to resist.

But I agree that even temporarily free in act 1, she should act the way you describe. 100% agreed. However, it gives you a better RP reason to spare her life.
My headcanon is that it was, as you describe, the fact that she was the only one to not join up remotely willingly. Even if Gut and Ragzlin had some misgivings due to their prior worship of Maglubiyet, I could easily see them voluntarily submitting to implantation to get a leg-up on their existing clan hierarchies and unite multiple clans under their rule.

But the far more likely reason is a lot simpler (and more depressing); anti-goblinoid racism. The idea that a free-willed Ragzlin and Gut might have anything at all to contribute is thus not even considered - not by the Guardian, not by Tav, and not by their companions. Even unequivocally good characters like Halsin, Wyll and Karlach seem pretty dismissive of the goblin clans, seeing them as an unwelcome pestilence at best.