Sleeper watched Kaine break out of his fit very carefully in case the latter showed any signs of needing to be sprayed with a hefty dose of sedative.

Quote Originally Posted by DammitVictor View Post
"So, uh, I should make myself scarce before the police get brave enough to come in. Welcome back to Earth? I'd take it as a kindness if you didn't tell anyone I was here. I'm not here to bother the Spider any more, so I don't want him to bother me."
As long as you aren’t causing trouble, I can agree not to tell Spider-man—” Of course, if Kaine did start causing trouble Sleeper still probably wouldn’t bother to tell Spider-man, he'd just go after Kaine directly and start biting off limbs until Kaine stopped causing trouble – oh Sleeper was definitely getting hungry if eating limbs was starting to sound like a good idea… “—but as for him not finding out, I think it’s a little too late for that,” Sleeper gestured in the direction of the oncoming press “Channel 12 has been outside since before the fight broke out and they’re on a live feed.” And with at least one of the hostages having also recognized Kaine, Sleeper gave it less than an hour before that particular news was all over New York. If it took Parker more than a day to find out, it would only be because he’d gotten himself injured patrolling and hadn’t had time to watch the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
Thine aid is appreciated dark spider. Spider man will be none the wiser to thine presence in the city. Thou art welcome to the Lion's Chorus brewery in the heart of Greek town. Whence thou may procure drink and be regaled with tales of my recent time in "space".

The invitation extends to you too Susan Storm.
I can’t make any promises, but even if I can’t get Reed out of the laboratory for a visit I’m sure I’ll be dragging Johnny out by the end of the week,” Sleeper lied, trying to remember if Kaine had any lie-detection powers and just hoping Hercules didn’t. But he was completely sincere when he added, “I’m just glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by DammitVictor View Post
"I think that's my cue. I'll see you when I see you."
Sleeper made a throat-clearing noise. “Were you planning on retrieving that gentleman from the ceiling first?” He indicated the hostage still webbed to the ceiling.

Sleeper was fairly sure he could fudge a gizmo in the ‘environment suit’ to do it himself, though Sleeper also ought to be taking off before his disguise came under too much scrutiny…