Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
You ascribe agency to Larian where i dont think there was.

FANS asked for Minthara to be recruitable. Larian obliged. There's nothing to say if Fans hadnt obsessed over the goblinoid characters as much as they'd have obsessed over the sexy dark elf then Larian wouldn't have accomodated recruiting them instead.

Fans are the horny ones. Larian just enabled them. Dont blame Larian for going through the path of least resistance instead of trying to make a courageous pro-goblinoid stance.
That they seemingly didn't even consider it is exactly what I'm highlighting. I'm not raking them over the coals for it or anything, it's just a mild observation; I'm not about to pull a Hermione and go found the goblinoid version of S.P.E.W. or anything.

Keep in mind that these are the same writers who were extremely thoughtful over the kind of summary dismissal and discrimination Tieflings would be facing in a place like the Sword Coast. The writing team is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
The part where you consider the current writing to be insufficient. Random post-launch changes aside, nothing about it felt implausible or inorganic to me.
What I'm saying is that I'm happy that we're able to recruit Minthara on a good playthrough without cheating or modding anymore, but you're still forced to metagame to do it. I find that unsatisfying; you may not care, and that's fine, we can agree to disagree. I think they could have killed two birds with one stone without much effort here though.