Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
Arata chuckles a bit seeing them all playing along with each other and tilts his head as Sakuma and Chrétien make their plans to team up. “A regular Sherlock and Watson, I’d say.” He says with a grin.

Koji also nods and then thinks about it for a second. “Ok, you may be entirely right about that. Might be a bit too soon to even ask anything about the fog.”

Both listened as Chrétien explained the myths of mists from his part of the world and looked at each other.

“Yo, Arata-kun, that sounds a lot like-”

Arata cuts him off. “Yeah, like what they say happens if you play that game.” Arata looks back at Chrétien before explaining.

“Most of our stories with other worlds take place within the ley lines and how most rivers flow along them. One of the oldest is a folktale about a fisherman who saved a turtle and was granted access to the undersea kingdom. There are also tales about how you can wander into another world through mirrors and even the shadow world if you manage it right. Most say that these worlds are just like ours, but with a few key differences.” He shivers a bit.

Toshiro looked over his shoulder hearing the conversation and shook his head. “I don’t like those stories at all….” He whispered before turning back to Akiko.

“If it’s just like middle school then it should be fine. So long as nothing breaks this time.” He half smiles and sighs.

“If waiting is the worst part, then I can handle that. And some good motivation to be around people I know!” He grins wider that he had listening to the conversation.

Arata continues on the other end. “Honestly, if you’re up for it, we can look further into it and even try out the rumor going around. I think the fog may also line up a lot with the mists stories in France.”

Koji nods in agreement. “I’ll pass on the rumor game, but I’m down to learn more about the mists. They say a lot of the mists come from Izanami, and pull you into the underworld.”

Koji shrugs. “Myth and history aren’t really my main areas though.”

Arata shakes his head. “Guess you need food like someone else then. Sakuma-san is right though. Breakfast and fair food isn’t a bad idea before tackling his test of courage.” He says with a smirk.

“Lead the way Sakuma-san!”

Koji turns to Yoshiro and Akiko. “You two wanna come with or catch up in a minute? Whatcha want to eat by the way?”
“Iz-a-nami?” Chrétien asked Kojo as he watched Akiko walk towards the food stalls. He hoped he had not embarrassed the aspiring photojournalist with his enthusiasm. “While my Japanese is pretty good, if occasionally colored by my use of manga and anime to maintain it, there’re still gaps in my cultural knowledge. Where is Iz-a-Naomi?”