Quote Originally Posted by Lexible View Post
This is exactly what an 3.5e Allosaurus gets: A bite that functions as an Improved Grapple, and is what permits the raking attacks with the claws. The Giant might be taking some license with that, since the grappled creatures are supposed to be in a smaller size category than the Allosaurus (which is Huge and about 36 feet long; Calder is probably also Huge, since he looks older than Adult in age).

What I want to know, is how is Calder still flying! (I always assumed dragons' puny wings, relative to their body sizes, were assisted by magic in keeping them in the air).
Rich doesn't go by strict 3.5 rules, especially when the result is awesome-sauce. Which this result is.

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
Not how concentration works in 3.5. If it required concentration, it'd mean Calder would have to spend each of his turns solely concentrating on the spell as a standard action. Since that's not been the case, it's not concentration.
As noted, Rich doesn't go by strict 3.5 rules. If he wants to give Sunny a new "saving throw" which he succeeds at because Calder is being chomped, I shall not quibble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubercular Ox View Post
Which means they would be the same size category, since each size category is supposed to be twice the previous. It's a conundrum, since Allosauruses are Huge, the oldest Huge Red Dragon is Mature Adult, and a Mature Adult's caster level is 9th. You need at least 15 to cast Polar Ray, so your choice is he's actually Gargantuan and Rich didn't care to draw it, or Rich made the odd choice of a Mature Adult dragon with 6 levels of caster classes stacked on top.

I have a feeling Roy could pwok it back even were it held.

Concentration requires a standard action each round to maintain, so without looking it up I'm guessing it doesn't.

It should be suppressed, like the magically conjured stone that Sunny passes through.
It would be sad if Bloodfeast were to be trapped inside Calder's room until he died of old age because he's too big to leave. I don't think that's going to happen.
I don't think Rich is going to do "concentration" exactly by 3.5 rules. If he wants Sunny to break free by sheer willpower (and thereby grow up a little), it can happen.
There's some things (like, e.g., Mage Hand) that work on unattended objects but not on ones held by a hostile creature. Calder evidently believed he could prevent pwoking.