Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Those go hand in hand. A species can't be both playable and lack volition, otherwise how is the player roleplaying their decision-making process? Are they following a prewritten script that you hand them during session zero?
Who, apart from constructs, lacks volition in D&D?
I don't see what's untenable about the idea that Good cultures value tolerance and inclusivity. That's table-stakes.
Psyren, let's try and avoid word games. Dwarves can be tolerant and inclusive and still live in mostly homogenous communities. You are placing a physical requirement on being "good", which is that communities have some number of diverse peoples in them.

I can't imagine that anyone would agree with this standard.
That's not the only Good quality they should have, sure - but lacking that quality is a pretty big indicator that you're not dealing with a Good culture.
So you say, but I'd like to see you address our specific rebuttals to this, such as Mordar's, Brookshw's, and my own.
How many there are in the Underdark is irrelevant;
It's not irrelevant. It's always been the case that there are good drow, it just wasn't ENOUGH for you and others. You want more good, less evil. So the numbers are indeed absolutely relevant.
they are sufficient evidence of Lolth's power without needing a crutch of biodeterminism across all Drow on the planet or in the multiverse.
Drow were never biodeterministic. Nor were orcs.
So after 50 years IRL or centuries in-universe, none of these renegade drow have been able to establish or integrate themselves into non-evil communities or cultures?
I thought they did. I thought there was that good drow deity. I am not sure what this would do for you; the drow are renegades from... evil drow culture.