Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
They arent getting worse. Lets stop with that. Youre fighting stronger monsters. That is not the same thing.
You're saying monster save dcs don't go up? I thought the math was pretty simple; of con/dex/wis a character is proficient in one save that will increase by level, because of the character increasing in level you will face higher save dcs from higher level monsters, therefore a character will fail more and more saves against stronger effects as they increase in level. Or are you saying that players can choose for their characters in an adventure like OotA to never face monsters with higher save dcs than they faced at first level?

I mean, "fight monsters, level up, fight bigger monsters" is kind of core to d&d gameplay. I'm pretty sure WotC hasn't put out any adventures where characters level up more than once or twice and don't ever fight any monsters with higher crs & dcs. So I'm back to understanding you as saying "characters failing saves more as they level up is good and right core game play". With an addendum that if you spend half your character's asi and an item attunement slot or two, then you can be only slightly worse at making saves than when you started, instead of utterly pathetic. And a new addendum that says if the gm runs the game totally contrary to expectations and intended use then there won't be any problems because your 12th level fighters are still facing cr 1/4 kobolds and such.