View Single Post

Thread: A weird thing about monsters

1. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: A weird thing about monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Skrum View Post
    Spending 1 of my 2 ASI's for a +3 or +4 to wisdom - sacrificing at a minimum 2 points to my main stat - yah man, that's not reasonable. Not when full casters can just sink all their points into their main stat with no particular concerns.
    No concerns huh? I guess wizards dont have to worry about being killed by a dragon's breath weapon, or knocked down and conventionally stabbed? An Ancient Red Dragon's breath weapon has a DC that a wizard probably cannot match without feats or ASIs, and deals more D6s of damage than they get hit dice. Statistically speaking, a failed save is death for most wizards who dont specifically build to survive that.

Death is the best status effect, and that cuts both ways.

Also, if youre getting 2 ASIs, youre only level 10 at best. NOTHING pre-10 is putting out such a high DC that you genuinely cannot match it.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2024-03-13 at 11:54 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”