Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
My friend, let me tell you this: Jim Sinegal did not tell the CEO of Costco "If you raise the [price of the] ****ing hot dog, I will kill you. Figure it out." for me to not eat them. I will honor that man with my buck fifty every chance i get. And it will be delicious.

Spam is perfectly good meat and deserves more honor than people give it.
You are free to eat them all you like. I will never understand why people 'like' them. Sure, food that is available, cheap, easy to fix, and portable. If you are hungry and don't have a table, they are darned convenient.

I even have a fond memory of working on a house by City Park in New Orleans with two friends. While two of us stayed and kept working, one went to the store with all the money we could pool up. He bought a loaf of white bread, a pack of hot dogs, a bag of plain potato chips, and a pack of cigarettes. (I don't smoke.)
We climbed into an ancient oak tree and ate potato chip and hot dog sandwiches. Afterward, they had a smoke. Good times, waiting on payday.

But 'like' them? Okay, if you say so.

Spam, on the other hand, is a very versatile meat product once you realize it can be so much more than pan-fried. And it's historic.

I heard they asked Winston Churchill what was the most important thing in WW2, and he said, "Landing craft that opened up the beaches for invasion." They asked Eisenhower and he said, "Jeeps that gave our troops the mobility to avoid trench warfare." They asked Stalin and he said, "Spam so the troops didn't die from eating rotten and wormy meat."

Also, I grew up believing SPAM meant SPiced hAM. Later I was informed this is not true. Anyone know the truth?