My next character is going to be a conjuration wizard, and while I know that they're not usually regarded as the most powerful, that 2nd level feature is the sort of thing that triggers my inner drive for shenanigans. There are some things it definitely can do, and some things it definitely can't, but there's a lot of grey area in there, and so I intend to ask my DM about a long list of them, to pin down just what is and isn't possible. For reference, here's the text of the ability:
Starting at 2nd level when you select this school, you can use your action to conjure up an inanimate object in your hand or on the ground in an unoccupied space that you can see within 10 feet of you. The object can be no larger than 3 feet on a side and weigh no more than 10 pounds, and its form must be that of a nonmagical object that you have seen. The object is visibly magical, radiating dim light out to 5 feet.

The object disappears after 1 hour, when you use this feature again, or if it takes any damage.
But there are a lot of ambiguities, here. What counts as "an object"? What counts as "3 feet on a side"? What counts as "a nonmagical object that you have seen"? What counts as "taking damage"? It's obviously magical, but is it obviously conjured? Are there any limits on what it can be used for?

I could come up with the rulings I'd make, but ultimately, the opinion that matters is that of my DM. So for now, my primary goal is to come up with a list of things to ask him about. Though I imagine that folks in this thread are going to debate rulings, too.

Here's what I've got so far:
Spoiler
Show
A 50' coil of rope
A 5' long stick
A chain composed of many links
A key the wizard has at hand
A key the wizard is closely familiar with
A key the wizard has handled once
A key the wizard has seen hanging on a guard's belt
A copy of a book the wizard has read
A copy of a book the wizard has seen, closed
A copy of a wizard's spellbook
A container of a nonmagical liquid
A container of a nonmagical powder or dust
A jar with a lid that can be opened but remains attached
A jar with a removable lid
A piece of ice, in an environment that's warmer than freezing
A hatchet or short sword, that could then be wielded as a magic weapon
An arrow
A shortbow
A living plant
A dead plant
A dead creature
A common spellcasting material component
A spellcasting focus
A valuable spellcasting component
A consumed spellcasting component
A valuable, consumed spellcasting component
A specific sign or painting that the wizard has seen before
A sign or painting bearing some message or image the wizard has never seen in sign or painting form
An object that the wizard has never actually seen, but has seen an illusion of
An object that the wizard has never seen directly, but has seen through scrying or the like