Quote Originally Posted by diplomancer View Post
And that same reasoning applies to Blinding Smite.

If you mean "unless otherwise stated by the text of the spell itself", your argument proves too much, and Lesser Restoration does not end Blinding Smite, or ends the Blindness but it comes back immediately. If you mean "unless otherwise stated somewhere else, with no need of referencing the spell specifically, just by dealing directly with its effects", I'd agree with that, and point out that Tidal Wave states that it extinguishes unprotected flames.

But you're interpreting differently the interaction between Lesser Restoration and Blinding Smite, even though both the Blindness and the Wall of Fire are the spell effects that "lasts for the duration of the spell".
I know I'm ruling the two differently. I already gave justifications for that, which you didn't reply to.

Quote Originally Posted by diplomancer View Post
Yes to both of these posts. There are a lot of assumptions of online discussion that simply ain't so, and this thread made me realize it.
I'm glad we could spend 19 pages aligning around the idea that 5e is based on rulings, not rules