View Single Post

Thread: Counterspelled Booming Blade

1. - Top - End - #618
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Counterspelled Booming Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This general principle applies, therefore this specific mathematical percentage is the only possible way I can think of to apply it, even when doing so yields a result I find objectionable.
    It's amusing that you think you can decide what is and isn't a general principle, from the same line of text, in the same table.
    {scrub the post, scrub the quote}
    {scrubbed}
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I really love how people can handle a wizard learning how to set fires by thinking about it hard enough, or a monk straight up turning off physics with practice, but a fighter being able to survive contact with lava? Nope, line drawn.
    Yikes.

What do you describe happening to your fighter when he is immersed in lava?
    More generally, the fully realistic way to run a lava flow is a little bit beyond the scope of the improvised damage section. There are already rules for suffocation and toxic fumes, so I think expecting a table giving guidance on how to make up damage numbers in a pinch to go into detail about how to run dropping someone into a volcano is a little unfair.
    I think Theodoxus was giving an opinion that some things should be better handled in a way other than HP damage, not that he expected a table of improvised damage to explain how to run lava differently.

I do wonder how all of these things are being misconstrued consistently...
    Last edited by Peelee; 2024-05-29 at 11:55 AM.