View Single Post

Thread: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

1. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    Palpatine, of course, knows this. It's the fundamental insight of the entire Banite Sith scheme. He knows he absolutely must maintain cover until the very end, because he only gets one strike in the open before the scales fall from the eyes of the Jedi Order and he's stuck fighting an intergalactic war with whatever remains and all their allies that, no matter how many advantages it seems like he has, he will lose. Doubtless he has foreseen such outcomes as well, countless times, always taking the necessary steps to avoid them.
    Palpatine has, at this point, almost complete control over the republic and embedded the Jedi within a massive army that he can turn against them with a single phrase. He has positioned it so that when the Jedi do act against him, he can counterattack with the full force of the new Empire. Even if Anakin sides with Mace, the Jedi will still be outlaws, Order 66 will still be put into place, there will still be an Empire. The win-state for the Jedi Order at this point is not "save the republic", it is "stay alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    Insofar as the Jedi Order of the PT is flawed it is that they both produced an individual capable of making that choice and that they placed him in a position where he was able to make it at all.
    I think the Jedi being presented with an army of slave soldiers and reacting with "okay, cool, I'm a general now" without even looking the gift horse in the mouth is also pretty damning from both a moral and a pragmatic perspective, although I guess it makes sense that an order entirely composed of people taken from their families as young children and trained to be warriors might have a skewed perspective about that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Errorname; 2024-04-06 at 10:01 PM.