1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLIII: "This Is A New LoW For Us All"

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I have to admit that I'm this close to painting one GKGM (for smaller games) and one GMDK 'normally' and then doing the rest as spectres. I can crap out ~50 models in a week and just be done with it, but... I *like* how normal Grey Knights look...
    A friend of mine had 1750 Points of Ghost Knights - he painted from scratch to tournament in two weeks.
    Judges at a tournament tried to deduct points 'cause it wasn't a "real" paint job and he'd just phoned it in.
    He hit back with his entire army has a themed scheme with Mordrak, and that he should be awarded full points.
    Good times.

I'm not moving, but this is where I am, too. I *need* to clear out my old stuff, if only to make room for new stuff.
    Once you realise that most of the hobby you own is simply Sunk Cost Fallacy; You can halve your collection in a month.

I can't possibly sell these models I haven't touched in six years! I like them too much.

At some point I have to decide what to do with 10 litres of Magic cards that haven't seen daylight for 8 years
    Sell 'em.

Let's break a taboo about talking about money, shall we? I was paid £150 plus given whatever I asked for out of the left-over stuff
    150 GBP amounts to roughly ~300 AUD.
    So yeah you undersold.
    But also it's your friend; So...Mate's rates. I still feel like it's low.

I'd have done it for a lot less and a round of drinks if it would have helped out.
    Wait...It's your shout? Why didn't you say so!?
    You should've led with that.

"I'll give you 300 bucks and a case of beers."
    ...Only if you pay with the beers up front.

but at the same time I'd love for the artist industry to be better recognised and appreciated. Unfortunately I can't think of a better solution than "just have more money".
    Unfortunately, it is, at the end of the day, toy soldiers. How much are you willing to pay for toy soldiers?

This is elementary stuff, but I'm frankly embarrassed to tell you how long I've been doing this without making this small effort to save myself so much effort.
    Because I don't batch paint, any paint I used on the first model, remains out, in the order that I used them.

The dopamine bump you get from changing a line from Yellow ("assembled but not painted") to Green ("ready for table-top") is real.
    This guy gets it.
    ...Wait 'til you look up Spreadsheet Competitions.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2024-04-08 at 02:00 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome