Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
Anakin knew Qui-gon for like a week, and frankly theres not a lot of indication that Qui-gon could have handled Anakin any better than Obi-wan did. Remember that Qui-gon was even more an advocate of the living force than most Jedi, a firebrand who did what he felt was necessary regardless of what the other Jedi said or thought, and that it was actively holding him back in the Order. Anakin almost certainly would not have gotten what he was looking for from Qui-gon's tutelage.
While that may be true, I would point out that Qui-Gon is a (much) older, more experienced master than Obi-Wan. He might not be the "best" candidate to train Anakin, rein in the worst of his excesses, and raise him up as a dogmatic Jedi, but conventional wisdom says that problem students are better handled by experienced an experienced teacher than dumped on one fresh out of college.

Additionally, I'm unconvinced that Qui-Gon being the kind of Jedi who does what he feels is necessary regardless of what the others say or think is a particularly strong argument for him being less able to give Anakin what Anakin was looking for from Jedi training than Obi-Wan. This might have made Qui-Gon less suited to giving Anakin what Anakin needed from Jedi training, but I don't think it's particularly contrary to what Anakin wanted from it, unless maybe we're talking about Anakin, the old man weighed down by regrets who we glimpse in Return of the Jedi, rather than Anakin, the headstrong and impulsive young man we see in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.