Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
Ok, but... youre wrong. Just, flat out wrong. We already know what Rich's goal with the Tower Scene was because he told us as much: he wanted to demonstrate that the MITD was in fact capable of living up to the hype that Xykon had for it.
Didn't it do that? It withstood a whole bunch of attacks and then whacked Miko very, very far. Which demonstrated its strength without having to draw any troublesome attacks like biting or punching.

For the story, maybe Rich saw first that hitting Miko very, very far would demonstrate that it is strong without requiring him to draw her being bitten or punched, then had to engineer a story around it choosing to hit her very, very far instead of punching or biting her.

Honestly I really hate trying to pick an order in which I think an author had his ideas, so this is probably going to sink quickly.

Bottom line: Rich picked the best attack for showing off the monster's strength while keeping it in the dark. It also happened to be its lightest attack, and Rich engineered the scene to let him use it.

But that's just my story. Still not asking anyone but me to believe it. It's meant to demonstrate that there isn't just one way to tell the story.