1. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLIII: "This Is A New LoW For Us All"

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I'm sure that AoS Realm of Death players would love to hear a justification for this.
    Essentially "That's not what Grey Knights are supposed to look like."

It was a weak argument even in 5th Ed., and it's not even an argument in 10th Ed.

but in my head [selling models for less than they're worth is] basically the same as throwing them in the garbage, and I'm not prepared for that yet.
    Oh it's coming.

See above. ~8,000 cards gently used a decade ago, about 30 of which worth more than a dollar - would YOU like to buy 400 Innistrad commons even for a penny each?
    An FLGS might paw through the pile and give you $50 (i.e; ~20 in squiggly money) for everything remotely good. If you have a playset (4) of good, old commons or uncommons, that can be pretty good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    First off; At the very least it's inspired me to keep track of my own journey in creating a Chapter Master and 10 Captains.
    Without committing to anything yet (I might wait 'til next thread...If it ever gets that far):

It's surprising to me how many of my ideas are "Model [X] but give him a Deathwatch Hammer." I need to rely less on that sweet, sweet Deathwatch Hammer. It's clearly the best bit that GW has ever produced.

It also slipped my mind that regular Terminator Captains can't have Storm Shields, which means creating a "Lysander, but he doesn't suck." probably isn't going to be 1-for-1.

I don't want to rely on 3D printing for a lot of it. But...Still. Everytime I have an idea I finish with thinking "Also, I could probably get Old Mate to 3D print [Y]."
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2024-04-09 at 11:00 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome