Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
Not in "the same spot" exactly, no, but there are places where the spawn points are close enough that you can get two encounters within sight of one another. Particularly if you delay picking a fight with the Thalmor for a while.

I've never been attacked by the Thalmor in Understone Keep (without attacking them first), but if I was it would be the jarls' guards coming to my aid, not the Imperial legion. Different faction, different loyalties. And that, incidentally, also explains the warning on the Thalmor hit squad's orders. "Scragging some rando" is one thing, but "scragging the hero who's prophesied to save Skyrim (and, for that matter, the rest of the world)" is likely to be looked upon askance by some of the jarls, who are the ones actually in charge of administering justice. Nothing to do with the legion at all.
I mean, the Thalmor will certainly come after you when youre just some rando too. I'm not 100% certain but I believe the trigger to start getting the assassins sent after you is just to kill a Thalmor Justiciar or other Thalmor character. Presumably all Jarls look askance at random murder (that they didnt sign off on, looking at you Siddgeir) due to it being, you know, murder.

Which is the point. The Thalmor aren't judge, jury or executioner. Theyre either advisors or murderers.