Quote Originally Posted by Errorname View Post
Spoiler
Show
The way this series handles the NCR reminds me a lot of how the Sequel Trilogy handled the New Republic, casually annihilating it in order to reset back to the starting point, and it just sucks. It makes me question why they couldn't just start a fresh telling of the story and why they feel the need to make their story a follow up to a story that they do not actually want to follow up on.

It's a real shame because I think if this show had just taken place in a completely fresh part of the setting I'd be able to pretty unreservedly enjoy it, but they've boxed themselves into being a sequel to my favourite game of all time and clearly have very different narrative and thematic goals to what made that game special.
You and me? We agree on more than just avatars.

Spoiler: Full series spoilers
Show
Combine that with the 1-2 punch of Vault-tec seemingly being the bomb dropper, the stupidest idea from the old Fallout movie script, and this whole thing has got me real down. Unless they go on to clarify that this is part of the larger Enclave attempt to subborn the business elites and then have House bow out later, and then have China suprise them all by dropping the bombs ahead of schedule anyway, I can see it being the biggest, dumbed addition to Fallout in years. Making Vault-tec the bomb dropper makes no sense, and missed just about the entire point of Fallout in my opinion, all for confirming the most obvious, thoughtless twist that people have been speculating for decades anyway. Sorry, can you see it really, really bothers me?

Spoiler: Lucy
Show
I hate that I'm already seeing this Lucy=Mary Sue BS that dogs just about every female character in modern media. The word you're looking for is PROTAGONIST. She's not even that good at everything! She spends most of the show getting her ass beat and thrown from one terrible situation to another. If this was my player character in a Fallout game, trust me, she'd be a lot more bad-ass. As it is, she's about the only character in the show I don't want to eat a bullet. Even so-called fellow protagonists Max and Coop have pretty much passed the moral event horiizon a couple of times in my opinion, so the best they can hope for is to die doing something worthwhile.