View Single Post

Thread: Will science end?

1. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Will science end?

It's like electric cars, gmo foods, social media, or the music industry. They're not inherently bad but they're connected to some very very bad people.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    I've been living in the future for the past 24 years after all (yes, the future began in the year 2000, when else?), and I don’t know what I expected, but how it's turning out is starting to wear on me.
    I think the kicker is that they never warned us that the cyberpunk dystopia would also be boring

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    When I was 20 an in-brain computer interface still sounded like something I would want. Now it just sounds like an expensive way to get myself more addicted to Youtube while they're selling my every thought to advertizers. And after I crash my car while being too engaged with my in-brain computer law inforcement will read out my location and activity feed from the server and I'll be convicted, but I miss a night of sleep in the police cell which makes me miss a security update so I die from an infection caused by some overheating or minor electric jolt that a virus managed to cause.
    In my experience software updates cause malfunctions and security problems, not prevent them. Every update makes it harder for you to access your device's inner workings and easier for the equipment manufacturer to access them. It's basically ransomware except you can't pay your way out of it even in theory.
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2024-04-13 at 02:49 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)